Is VC funding for you?
Is your business ready for the next big stage of its expansion? Are other types of funding not a viable option anymore? It may be time to consider VC funding.
Providing both expert management support and strong connections, as well as big financial capital and possible future rounds, VC funding can lift the potential of your business dramatically. But beware: the process of applying for a VC fund is not something you can take lightly…
VC funding is not easy to get – in fact, it is one of the hardest funding options to obtain. That’s why we want to make it easier for you to understand your options.
We know that finding the appropriate funding for your business can be a daunting experience, which is why we have gathered some of the top VC funders in the industry for you to meet and network with at our ‘Evening with Venture Capitalists’ event, on 10thJuly.
How do you secure VC funding for your business?
It is absolutely crucial for any business to carefully research the available VC firms; to know and understand whether as a business they are at a 'pitchable' stage before approaching for funds. The entry level tends to be around £250K, so it is understandable that you are expected to think BIG.
And VC investors indeed like BIG ideas. Ideas that can change the world; ideas that have the potential to change our behaviour, culture or way of thinking. Ideas that can build £100-million-size companies…
Whether you are set on VC as the funding for you, or would just like to explore your options, this is your chance to get educated on all things VC, starting from approaching the right firms, the application process, and what you need to deliver to be successful in securing a VC fund.
Here are some of the presenting VCs who you will meet:
· Russell Buckley, Partner at Kindred Capital, an early-stage investment firm which works with our community of founders and advisers to help founders get further and faster.
· Debbie Mahanta, EIS Association (EISA), the official trade body for the Enterprise Investment Scheme – a highly effective not for profit organisation which exists to aid the provision of capital to UK SMEs.
· Reece Chowdhry, Founder at RLC Ventures, a VC firm with a focus on seed stage businesses within the property, technology, FinTech & Tech for Good.
· Louise Rix, Investment Associate at Forward Partners, one of the UK's leading early-stage VCs.
· Meriwether Beckwith, Investor at Oxford Capital, a firm which works closely with talented entrepreneurs to provide the capital, expertise and support they need.
· Uthish Ranjan, Investment Manager at Octopus Investments, part of the Octopus Group, which seeks to improve the lives of millions of people by transforming the industries they operate in.
We are offering business showcase opportunities at this event – entrepreneurs can prepare a quick 1-minute elevator pitch to maximise brand exposure to an audience of investors.
Not ready to pitch? No worries, come along to watch the presentations and heed the words of our trusted experts and advisors.
The event is taking place on the 10thof July, commencing at 17:45 and will be held at WeWork Aldwych. Visit the Eventbrite pageto secure your ticket now!